Get Uncle John to
shoot your fireworks

If you want excitement at your event – birthday, party, anniversary or whatever – get us to put on a fireworks display. We’ll create a show for you, tailored to your price range. Then we’ll come out set up and shoot the show and even help with the cleanup.

Book your show today

We’ll choose the right fireworks for your event.

We know our products and we’ll ask about your event to choose the right combination of fireworks. You’ll get the best selection of fireworks available for your budget.

We’ll light the show for maximum effectiveness.

Our detailed show plan and show director will make sure that your show is paced for maximum effect.

We’ll bring the tools for the show.

We bring all of the tools to make the show work, including special racks to hold some fireworks, high-end propane trigger torches for lighting and all the safety equipment required.

We’ll cover your event with our insurance.

Your home owner’s insurance covers your event but we’ll extend our general liability to cover your event as well. Problems from fireworks are rare and are always related to mis-use, but you can feel more comfortable knowing you’re insured.

Don’t worry about having a drink.

Uncle John (or his staff) will show up clean and sober so you don’t have to be. Sometimes you are tired or have had a couple of drinks and that’s the last time you should be shooting off fireworks.

The fine print:

  1. Minimum show size applies, varying with the season. It’s a lot more for Canada Day and New Year’s Eve. Contact us regarding the date you’re thinking about. We’re almost always the least expensive fireworks show company available because we get a really good deal on consumer fireworks.
  2. Extra charge for shows that are located further than 100 km from Edmonton.
  3. If you live outside of Edmonton we will try to arrange the permit. But we may ask you to obtain the permit to discharge fireworks. You have to be 18 to get a permit or to buy fireworks. So bring your mom, if necessary! Within Edmonton we will get the permit but you need to get an original copy of a letter giving us permission to shoot fireworks on the property. If the property is owned by an organization the letter has to be on letter head. This is a requirement of the fire department.
  4. If the show is cancelled because of a fire ban or high winds or because we deem that the situation is unsafe and you are or your group is not the cause of the unsafe situation we will refund your money or reschedule your show. If you cancel it because of rain or bad weather or any other reason then you will have to pay for it, even if you don’t want to reschedule it.

Some examples…
If it is too windy and the fireworks will blow into nearby trees or a dry field we will cancel it for reasons beyond your control and we will reschedule your show or refund your money.
If we have to cancel the show because the audience will not maintain a safe distance then you will not be refunded your money. Crowd control is your responsibility.
If you decide to cancel your event because the weather is cold or raining you will have to pay for the show anyway since we are willing to shoot in the rain or cold.

  1. We set up but you clean up. A large fireworks show produces some debris and it will be your reponsibility for cleanup.

Questions? Call us at 780 481 9911 or e-mail us at

We also do in-door pyrotechnics. Call for a consultation on your event. Please note that special fireworks, certification, permits and insurance are required to shoot pyrotechnics in-doors. It’s dangerous and illegal to shoot fireworks in-doors yourself.

— Brought to you by your friends at Uncle John’s Fireworks —

And we can do high hazard shows if your location and budget allows. That is, we can do the big stuff for you but we need more lead time for permitting and you have to have enough space.